Thursday, January 31, 2008

Revelations of the Past

A few days ago, I was caught up in a deja vu of a familiar time or place. I was half asleep and recalled a memory of a warm summer day and the smell of rain. It all seemed so vaguely familiar. It was then that I remembered my childhood. I recalled memories of a hot upstairs room with no air circulating. I recalled memories of smells of watermelon and potato salad. It was just enough to give me some hope in this dreary world. Sights and sounds of the past were so much cleaner and purer. It seemed like, food tasted alot better and times seemed alot more carefree and fun.

I think as a person gets older, one is left with these memorable experiences to remind them of times that were enjoyable. These times give me hope that this life is more then just what I am living today. I carry all the memories of my past and these are kept in store to remind me of the journey I have been on. Life is a journey and there is reason, dream and emotion in all of who I am. I am glad that these times reveal the person I am. I am the same child who drank Kool-aid and played tag. I am the same child who still loves all those sights and sounds. I am glad that my memory knows just when to revive those past hopes and dreams.

No comments: