Monday, January 7, 2008

What is hate? Is there meaning in hatred?

I wondered that today as I crossed many people. There have been a few people who have crossed my path whom I am very close to hating. I have one friend in my mind who lied to me severely. She told me she was my friend and then began her little escapade. Trust is something I am still learning about. I lost someone close to me not too long ago. It left me vulnerable. Then this person came along and pretended to try and help me through that. Don't you hate false empathy? I have never felt so lied to in the moment. She and I prayed together and then she told me how she saw these wondrous signs from above for me. Oh, how clever!! Then, as I got suckered into all this, I began to believe it would all come true. Anyways, a year later, I am bruised and battered and now realizing she was all a hoax. She was using me to rope some guy who she thought was her salvation. Funny, she is married to this guy now and miserable. I want to hate her for getting the miserable thing she wanted and for coercing me to believe that this was from God. I can't believe it! So, can we hate sometimes? I know I do. If I deny it, it doesn't matter, it still exists in me. Hate is the converse of love. We can hate so we have the capacity to love. Is this not true?

No comments: