Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Timing is Everything

You know I was thinking today that timing is everything. There is the right timeto look for a job and the right time to stop. There is timing as to when to ask for something and when not to. I am so sure that God's timing is perfect in all things today. I have seen that alot of times I want to have something take place faster then it needs to sometimes. If I push on God's hand to make something happen, it always backfires. I know He is teaching me that today.

The other thing that is also occurring to me is that I don't really know what I want. I may think I want to have something happen in my life when deep down it isn't what I want at all. The problem is that in the world we live in, everything has to happen so quickly. It is an instant society. Yet, it has always been proven that patience in things is where wisdom lies. It also shows that if I wait for things, usually I find that I didn't want them in the first place. God is so wise about everything.

I may be uncomfortable and lonely at times but I know that when all is said and done, it will be worth it not to rush into anything. It takes years to raise a child or grow an oak tree but we aren't willing to take the same time with the growth in ourselves. I learned today that I want to wait because I know that there is something better for me then fulfilling this desire right now. The growth that comes out that little bit of discomfort makes it all worth the wait. I can set my clock by that promise.

No comments: