Saturday, February 2, 2008

Taking Chances

Sometimes life can be hard to read. We live in a world that makes it hard to trust other people. It makes us paranoid about alot of things. This is something that almost leaves me suspended or unable to act on things. I am learning that taking chances is still the only way to go on things. If I stay safe and be afraid of trying anything new, this will always backfire. There is no reason to stop trying because that is when I lose everything.

Faith is the weapon of choice when it comes to trying new things. Faith puts our trust not in people or circumstances but in God to help us in those circumstances. God also gives me wisdom to know when to do something and when to hold back. God gives us those boundaries which are safe to act in. There is a time to have a reckless abandonment and simply trust that God will give me the tools to get through my circumstances. God tells us not to put our faith in people but in Him. I know I can't go wrong with that kind of thinking.

I would rather take a chance and fail then to stay safe and never experience the fullness and excitement in life. I know that is the way I want to live. As long as I put my trust in God, that He is leading me to do the seemingly impossible, I know I can get through anything. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Having faith is the example of taking a chance where the odds are stacked against just proves it is the right thing to do. I want to keep taking chances because it always bears fruit. It makes life fun!

No comments: