Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Losing Control

I have a tough time losing control of some things. I think the biggest thing for all of us is controlling everything. I get frustrated when things aren't going the way I planned them to. The thing that is the best about all this is that being in control isn't all it is cracked up to be. I have loved surprises ever since I was a kid. I couldn't wait to see what the presents were under the tree. It was always exciting to see what other people had bought me that I had not guessed they would.

God is the greatest one to put our trust in because He knows exactly how to surprise and excite us with the things that He does for us. The predictable is easy to live in but not exciting at all. God gives some things to us as a routine but by trusting in Him, we can be assured that there will always be surprises and excitement in our life.

I have always felt responsibility in making things work out. I now know that I can let go of things and still be assured that God is in control. I realize now that the more I let go of myself, the more I can hold onto the true meaning or purpose in life and that is focusing on Jesus in my life. I am at the point where everything is going crazy right now. I feel like I don't know how anything is going to turn out in my life. I am truly living by faith and it scares me. I am focused on the only true person in my life and that is Jesus. My faith is now focusing on who He is. I know all His promises in the bible. He hasn't broken any so far.

I am losing complete control of my life right now and letting go of the steering wheel as my life heads around the curve. I am jumping into the passenger seat while this all is happening and letting God take the wheel. I have no idea what is ahead for me. I know for sure it is going to surprise me! If I was at the wheel, I know I would crash and burn.

No comments: