Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finding a Dance Partner

That is all I am looking for is someone to dance with. I think we spend our lives dancing around stuff. I have come to the point in my life where it would be nice to just find the right person to dance with. It would need to be a partner who was not only familiar with the dance routine but also familiar with the expression of the music. Life has different tempos and musics that get played on a daily basis. If I am with the wrong partner, I could end up tripping and falling and hurting myself really badly. It is a gentle mixture of timing and faith in the other partner to make the dance routine work.

How do I find such a partner when the world is filled with people who don't know how to dance or who may be the wrong partner? I think it starts with lots of prayer and having faith in God to bring that man into my life. I spent years trying to develop my own dance routine and to find a man who dances the same way as me is impossible on my own. I know God knows me better then I know myself and will find that perfect partner for me. He may not be a knight in shining armour and I don't expect him to be. I think I like the flawed and clumsy partners who love to learn and who become the best partners ever. I know I have lots to learn and also know that the guy who comes into my life will have to teach me how to dance through some things as well. I think teaching and learning are all part of dancing. I know God sees all this and will bring about the best partnership which I am thankful for.

The hardest part of dancing is getting on the dance floor and once you get on the dance floor, you can be assured that the dance routine will all come together especially when you have the support of the right partner. The best partner is the one who can pick you up when you fall and still complete the dance routine. I think that is the best part of dancing to me.

No comments: